LTO fixer nabbed in Cabuyao entrapment operation, second arrest
CABUYAO CITY, Laguna — A man allegedly involved in illegal fixing activities was arrested in a joint entrapment operation conducted by the Land Transportation Office’s Cabuyao District Office and the Philippine National Police Criminal Investigation and Detection Group in Laguna on Wednesday, Aug. 19.
The operation was carried out around 11:20 a.m. following a complaint from an individual who said he had been defrauded in connection with an LTO transaction.
Under the supervision of LTO Calabarzon Regional Director Elmer J. Decena, personnel from the LTO Cabuyao District Office, led by officer-in-charge Cloyd Deo Librea, conducted the operation together with the CIDG Laguna.
Using a poseur-client operation, the suspect allegedly offered unauthorized assistance, or “palakad,” in exchange for payment to an operative posing as a client. He was arrested following the entrapment.
The operation was notable because it took place while the LTO Cabuyao District Office was under an alternative work arrangement, meaning no regular public transactions were being conducted at the office that day.
Following his arrest, the suspect was brought to the CIDG Cabuyao office for documentation and further investigation. Authorities said it was the second time he had been arrested on similar illegal fixing allegations.
LTO Calabarzon renewed its warning to the public against individuals offering expedited processing or shortcuts for agency transactions in exchange for payment, urging motorists and other clients to transact only through official LTO offices and channels.
The agency said it would continue coordinating with law enforcement agencies to curb fixing activities and hold accountable those who use the agency’s name for illegal transactions.
Discover more from Cavite News
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.




