Cities and TownsFire Destroys Hundreds of Homes in Cavite City

Fire Destroys Hundreds of Homes in Cavite City

-

- Public Service Reminder -spot_img

CAVITE CITY – A fire swept through two barangays in Cavite City on Sunday afternoon, destroying an estimated 600 homes and displacing thousands of residents, local officials said.

The blaze, which reached a third alarm, started in a house in Barangay 7 around 3 p.m. local time and quickly spread to neighboring Barangay 5, fanned by strong winds from the sea.

“We had to jump into the water when we saw how fast the fire was spreading,” Arnell Paghunasan, 25, told local media. Many residents were unable to salvify their belongings as the fire consumed structures made of light materials.

Approximately 100 fire trucks from surrounding areas responded to the scene, assisted by fire volunteers and a helicopter that scooped water from the sea to douse the flames.

The Bureau of Fire Protection declared the fire under control at 4:58 p.m. and fully extinguished by 5:54 p.m.

Authorities are still investigating the cause of the fire and assessing the total damage. No casualties have been reported so far.

The local government is coordinating relief efforts for the affected residents, many of whom have lost their homes and possessions.


Discover more from Cavite News

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

cavite.news
cavite.newshttps://cavite.news
We, the people of Cavite, recognize that in order to achieve our goals and aspirations, we need to be empowered and well-informed of the news and events that affect us and our cities and towns. We need to have access to accurate, relevant, and timely information that will enable us to make informed decisions and take appropriate actions.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest news

Gesmundo administers oath to new judicial integrity officer

MANILA, Philippines — Chief Justice Alexander G. Gesmundo administered the oath of office to Atty. Gerard A. Mosquera as...

Alfonso Mayor Urges Council to Set Aside Politics, Hold Emergency Session on Rice Distribution

ALFONSO, Cavite — Mayor Randy Salamat has called on the Sangguniang Bayan to immediately hold a special and emergency...

Temporary Bypass Drainage Construction Begins to Address Flooding in Kawit

KAWIT, Cavite — Construction has begun on a temporary bypass drainage system running from Imus to Kawit, aimed at...

New Enoki Mushroom Industry Takes Root in Silang, Cavite

SILANG, Cavite — A Philippine industry centered on enoki mushroom production is emerging in this town, with potential to...
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

Disqualification Petition Filed Against Dasmariñas Mayor Barzaga Over P50-M Poll Body Donation, Alleged Resource Misuse

DASMARIÑAS CITY, Cavite — A petition for disqualification has been filed with the Commission on Elections against Dasmariñas City...

Cavite declared under state of calamity as floods, landslides displace thousands; P10-M released for relief

TRECE MARTIRES CITY, Cavite — The provincial government has placed all of Cavite under a state of calamity after...

Must read

Tzu Chi Foundation Builds Second Eye Center in Imus, Cavite

IMUS, Cavite, July 16, 2026 - The Tzu Chi...

SM Retail to Hold Job Fair in Dasmariñas on May 27

DASMARIÑAS CITY, Cavite — SM Retail will hold a...
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you