Cities and Towns2 Men Drown Off Tanza, Cavite Coast After Drinking

2 Men Drown Off Tanza, Cavite Coast After Drinking

-

- Public Service Reminder -spot_img

Cavite — Two men died Sunday after being swept away by large waves while swimming off the coast of Tanza, Cavite, police said.

The incident occurred around 9:30 a.m. at a beach resort in Barangay Capipisa, according to a report from the Region 4A police.

Danilo Barquio, 50, and Henry Barquio, 55, were pronounced dead on arrival at a local hospital. A third man, Jemboy Perez, 25, remains hospitalized.

The three men, all residents of Muntinlupa City, had been drinking before deciding to swim, authorities said.

While in the water, strong waves pulled the group into deeper parts of the sea, police reported.

Rescuers managed to retrieve all three men from the water and rushed them to the hospital. However, medical staff were unable to revive the Barquios.

Local authorities urged beachgoers to exercise caution and be aware of water conditions before entering the sea.

This tragedy comes as the Philippines enters its rainy season, which typically brings stronger winds and larger waves to coastal areas.

The Tanza municipal government is expected to review safety measures at local beach resorts in light of the incident.

Relatives of the victims have been notified, and an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the drownings is ongoing.


Discover more from Cavite News

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

cavite.news
cavite.newshttps://cavite.news
We, the people of Cavite, recognize that in order to achieve our goals and aspirations, we need to be empowered and well-informed of the news and events that affect us and our cities and towns. We need to have access to accurate, relevant, and timely information that will enable us to make informed decisions and take appropriate actions.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest news

Ombudsman Urges Revilla to Return P124.5M in Pork Barrel Funds

Ombudsman Jesus Crispin "Boying" Remulla on Saturday called on former Sen. Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr. to return P124.5 million...

DILG Raids Illegal Cigarette Factory in Cavite

TANZA, Cavite — The Department of the Interior and Local Government announced Friday the raid of an illegal cigarette...

Drug-dealing couple nabbed in Dasmariñas buy-bust, P340,000 shabu seized — police

CAVITE, Cavite — A couple suspected of peddling illegal drugs was arrested in a buy-bust operation Friday evening in...

Bacoor city meets with transport agencies on LRT-1 Cavite extension progress

Bacoor city meets with transport agencies on LRT-1 Cavite extension progress BACOOR, Cavite — Local officials of Bacoor City met...
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

CvSU signs P2-billion solar deal to cut energy costs, boost green capacity

Cavite State University (CvSU) has signed a two-billion-peso agreement with the Philko Group of Companies to install solar power...

133 Sea Turtle Hatchlings Released Off Rosario Island

133 Sea Turtle Hatchlings Released Off Rosario Island ROSARIO, Cavite — Local officials released 133 sea turtle hatchlings along the...

Must read

Noveleta Eatery Offers Community Space, Bulalo With a Story

NOVELETA, Cavite — A small restaurant in this historic...

Cavite Street Vendor Perseveres With Humble Fruit Cart

TANZA, Cavite — Bernardino Verdejo, 40, rises before dawn...
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you