CAVITE, Cavite — A couple suspected of peddling illegal drugs was arrested in a buy-bust operation Friday evening in Dasmariñas City, Cavite, with authorities seizing suspected shabu worth P340,000 pesos, police said Friday.
The suspects, identified only by their aliases “Amo” and “Joey,” both adults, were on the police’s High-Value Individual watchlist and had been under surveillance for some time before the operation was carried out, according to Cavite Provincial Director Ariel R. Red.
The sting was launched at around 7:15 p.m. on February 20, 2026 under the command of Lt. Col. Mac Arthur S. Mercader, with operatives drawn from the Cavite Police Provincial Office – Provincial Drug Enforcement Unit, Dasmariñas Component City Police Station, and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency.
The suspects were caught in the act of selling drugs to an undercover police officer posing as a buyer, leaving them no opportunity to resist arrest.
Seized from their possession were one plastic ice bag and two heat-sealed sachets containing suspected shabu — the local term for crystal methamphetamine — weighing more than 50 grams.
Red said the successful operation was proof that the anti-drug campaign in the province was ongoing and relentless.
“We will not stop until all drug pushers and big-time suppliers are held accountable,” he said.
Discover more from Cavite News
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.




