The NationNBI arrests 3 in Cavite and La Union for...

NBI arrests 3 in Cavite and La Union for unauthorized internet services

-

- Public Service Reminder -spot_img

MANILA — The National Bureau of Investigation has arrested three individuals in separate operations in Cavite and La Union for allegedly offering unauthorized internet services, officials said.

The NBI-Cybercrime Division (NBI-CCD) said two suspects were taken into custody in General Trias City, Cavite for violating the Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012. A third suspect was arrested in Naguilian, La Union, on Sept. 16, 2025 for multiple offenses, including illegal access, misuse of devices, system interference, and estafa.

Authorities launched the operations following a complaint filed June 4 by a representative of an internet service provider. The complainant alleged that a Facebook account called “RECON VERGECON” was offering unauthorized services such as reconnection of disconnected accounts, bandwidth upgrades, modem support and speed boosting at cheaper rates.

Investigators traced the illegal activities to a residence in General Trias and obtained a warrant to search, seize and examine computer data. 

Agents found both suspects at their computers, with forensic analysis confirming the use of devices linked to unauthorized network access, the NBI said.

A follow-up investigation led agents to a three-story residence in Cabaritan Sur, Naguilian, where computer equipment was seized. The NBI said the suspect had been illegally distributing internet connections in the area using the provider’s network resources.

The three suspects are facing inquest proceedings for violations of the Cybercrime Prevention Act, the Access Devices Regulation Act of 1998, and related laws.

NBI Director Medardo de Lemos commended the cybercrime division for the successful operations.


Discover more from Cavite News

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

cavite.news
cavite.newshttps://cavite.news
We, the people of Cavite, recognize that in order to achieve our goals and aspirations, we need to be empowered and well-informed of the news and events that affect us and our cities and towns. We need to have access to accurate, relevant, and timely information that will enable us to make informed decisions and take appropriate actions.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest news

Kawit police nab province’s most wanted drug suspect

KAWIT, Cavite — Police arrested a provincial most-wanted suspect on drug charges Monday afternoon, authorities said. Warrant officers from the...

Large Valentine’s Day Billboards Spark Political Speculation in Cavite

A series of oversized Valentine's Day billboards bearing the message "I Love You, Happy Valentine's Day" have drawn attention...

City of Imus Opens Free Public Park in Barangay Maharlika

City of Imus Opens Free Public Park in Barangay Maharlika IMUS, Cavite — The City of Imus has opened a...

Paliparan-GMA Bypass Road Set to Open in Cavite

DASMARIÑAS, Cavite — The Paliparan-GMA Bypass Road is set to open soon, marking a significant step forward in improving...
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

Man Arrested After 3-Hour Hostage Standoff in Cavite

NAIC, Cavite — A man held a woman hostage inside a residential home for nearly three hours before police...

Police arrest female drug dealer in Magdalo Putol, Kawit buy-bust operation

KAWIT, Cavite — Police arrested a suspected drug dealer during a buy-bust operation in Barangay Magdalo Putol on Tuesday...

Must read

Noveleta Eatery Offers Community Space, Bulalo With a Story

NOVELETA, Cavite — A small restaurant in this historic...

Cavite Street Vendor Perseveres With Humble Fruit Cart

TANZA, Cavite — Bernardino Verdejo, 40, rises before dawn...
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you