Flash Report29 Foreigners Nabbed for Illegal POGO Operation in Cavite

29 Foreigners Nabbed for Illegal POGO Operation in Cavite

-

- Public Service Reminder -spot_img

Silang, Cavite – Despite the nationwide closure of Philippine Offshore Gaming Operators (POGOs), authorities have arrested 29 foreigners suspected of running an illegal POGO from a resort in Silang, Cavite.

According to Police Lieutenant Colonel J Gatdula, CIDG Cavite chief, a confidential informant reported unusual activities involving Chinese nationals at the resort.

“There was a confidential informant who came to our office, saying something strange was happening there at the resort, with Chinese dropping by,” Gatdula said.

Most of those arrested were Chinese nationals, with six individuals from Myanmar. The alleged head of the operation, a Chinese national, has denied the accusations.

The POGO workers reportedly arrived at the resort in December last year, using laptops instead of desktop computers and each equipped with mobile WiFi rather than internet routers. Authorities seized devices believed to be used for scamming activities.

PAOCC Undersecretary Gilbert Cruz commented on the operation, stating, “These are the ones hiding in resorts, in apartments […] You can see cryptocurrency scam transactions right at the front.” He added, “They shouldn’t be here. If they have passports, they should only be tourist passports.”

The Bureau of Immigration is now investigating the criminal records of the detained foreigners in their respective countries.


Discover more from Cavite News

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

cavite.news
cavite.newshttps://cavite.news
We, the people of Cavite, recognize that in order to achieve our goals and aspirations, we need to be empowered and well-informed of the news and events that affect us and our cities and towns. We need to have access to accurate, relevant, and timely information that will enable us to make informed decisions and take appropriate actions.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest news

Kawit police nab province’s most wanted drug suspect

KAWIT, Cavite — Police arrested a provincial most-wanted suspect on drug charges Monday afternoon, authorities said. Warrant officers from the...

Large Valentine’s Day Billboards Spark Political Speculation in Cavite

A series of oversized Valentine's Day billboards bearing the message "I Love You, Happy Valentine's Day" have drawn attention...

City of Imus Opens Free Public Park in Barangay Maharlika

City of Imus Opens Free Public Park in Barangay Maharlika IMUS, Cavite — The City of Imus has opened a...

Paliparan-GMA Bypass Road Set to Open in Cavite

DASMARIÑAS, Cavite — The Paliparan-GMA Bypass Road is set to open soon, marking a significant step forward in improving...
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

Man Arrested After 3-Hour Hostage Standoff in Cavite

NAIC, Cavite — A man held a woman hostage inside a residential home for nearly three hours before police...

Police arrest female drug dealer in Magdalo Putol, Kawit buy-bust operation

KAWIT, Cavite — Police arrested a suspected drug dealer during a buy-bust operation in Barangay Magdalo Putol on Tuesday...

Must read

Noveleta Eatery Offers Community Space, Bulalo With a Story

NOVELETA, Cavite — A small restaurant in this historic...

Cavite Street Vendor Perseveres With Humble Fruit Cart

TANZA, Cavite — Bernardino Verdejo, 40, rises before dawn...
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you