Flash Report3 police officers are suspects in Kawit, Cavite robbery

3 police officers are suspects in Kawit, Cavite robbery

-

- Public Service Reminder -spot_img

Three police officers are among the suspects in a robbery case that occurred in Kawit, Cavite last month, the regional director of the Philippine National Police (PNP) in CALABARZON said on Wednesday, March 6, 2024.

PBGen Paul Kenneth T Lucas, the regional director, announced the breakthrough in the investigation during a press conference at Camp BGen Vicente P Lim.

He said that the robbery took place on February 13, 2024, at around 5:00 PM, when a group of armed men wearing black jackets, gray long sleeves, caps, and face masks broke into two houses at Grand Centennial Homes, Brgy. Magdalo-Potol, Kawit, Cavite.

The suspects tied up the victims and took away their valuables, including cellphones, IDs, a firearm, and cash.

Lucas said that the investigators from the Kawit Municipal Police Station and the Provincial Intelligence Unit were able to trace the vehicle used by the suspects, a white Toyota Hi-Ace Van, to its owner in Tanza, Cavite.

The owner then revealed that he had rented the van to one of the suspects, Police Senior Master Sergeant Jhon Paolo Maigue Mellona, who works as a pre-charge investigator at the Cavite Provincial Intelligence and Detective Management Unit.

This led to the identification of the other suspects, who include Police Senior Master Sergeant Reynaldo Andrada Quilit Jr., from the Provincial Intelligence Unit of Cavite PPO, and Police Corporal Lynard Pastrana Pareja, from the Provincial Drug Enforcement Unit of Laguna PPO.

They also have two civilian accomplices and four unidentified cohorts, who are now facing charges of robbery in band.

The victims filed a formal complaint against the suspects on March 5, 2024, at the Cavite Prosecutorโ€™s Office, Imus City, Cavite, following the case build-up procedure of the Department of Justice.

Lucas said that the three police suspects have been relieved from their posts and placed under restrictive custody at the Regional Headquarters Holding Area Section (RPHAS).

He also ordered a parallel administrative investigation by the Regional Investigation and Detective Management Division and the Regional Internal Affairs Service.

Lucas expressed his strong condemnation of the involvement of police officers in criminal activities.

“I reiterate my clear stance against misconduct by any member of our force. We condemn such actions in the strongest terms and assure the public that these officers, if found guilty, will meet the full arms of the law,โ€ he said.

โ€œWe will ensure the safety and security of our community and we shall have zero tolerance for any form of criminal activity involving members of our police force,” he added.


Discover more from Cavite News

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

cavite.news
cavite.newshttps://cavite.news
We, the people of Cavite, recognize that in order to achieve our goals and aspirations, we need to be empowered and well-informed of the news and events that affect us and our cities and towns. We need to have access to accurate, relevant, and timely information that will enable us to make informed decisions and take appropriate actions.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest news

Small reading center in Silang has big ambitions for local children

SILANG, Cavite โ€” In Barangay Biga-I, Silang, Cavite, a modest community center is working to expand children's access to...

GMA, Cavite mayor pushes transparent bags for 27,000 students amid school safety concerns

GENERAL MARIANO ALVAREZ, Cavite โ€” Mayor Ed Custodio is pushing a proposal to provide transparent bags to about 27,000...

LTO fixer nabbed in Cabuyao entrapment operation, second arrest

LTO fixer nabbed in Cabuyao entrapment operation, second arrest CABUYAO CITY, Laguna โ€” A man allegedly involved in illegal fixing...

Malacaรฑang suspends classes, work in Metro Manila, 17 provinces 20 August over habagat

Malacaรฑang suspends classes, work in Metro Manila, 17 provinces Thursday over habagat MANILA โ€” Malacaรฑang ordered alternative work arrangements for...
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

Naic public hospital under construction

NAIC, Cavite โ€” Construction is underway on the Naic Public Hospital, which town officials say will expand access to...

Rainy season no deterrent at Tanza’s Villa Excellance resort

TANZA, Cavite โ€” Rainy days don't have to mean canceled plans, according to Villa Excellance Beach and Wave Pool...

Must read

Tzu Chi Foundation Builds Second Eye Center in Imus, Cavite

IMUS, Cavite, July 16, 2026 - The Tzu Chi...

SM Retail to Hold Job Fair in Dasmariรฑas on May 27

DASMARIร‘AS CITY, Cavite โ€” SM Retail will hold a...
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you