CALABARZON Region 4ACALABARZON Police Prepares for 3-Day Transport Strike

CALABARZON Police Prepares for 3-Day Transport Strike

-

- Public Service Reminder -spot_img

The Police Regional Office CALABARZON, led by Regional Director PBGEN Paul Kenneth T Lucas, has heightened its alert status and mobilized extensive security measures in preparation for a 3-day transport strike by the Samahang Manibela Mananakay at Nagkaisang Terminal ng Transportasyon (Manibela).

The strike is scheduled from June 10 to 12, 2024, coinciding with the country’s 126th Independence Day Celebration.

Lucas has instructed all police provincial directors to closely monitor the situation within their jurisdictions to ensure public safety during the strike. This includes coordinating with Local Government Units (LGUs) and relevant authorities to implement comprehensive security measures to protect participants, commuters, and public property.

Approximately 2,000 police personnel are prepared for immediate deployment and augmentation, including the activation of the Reactionary Standby Support Force (RSSF) of each provincial office and the regional headquarters.

Civil Disturbance Management (CDM) units have also been activated to address any potential disruptions during the strike.

“As we prepare for this transport strike, it is vital that we are ready to address any potential challenges. While we fully respect the freedom of expression, our priority is to ensure the safety of everyone involved and maintain harmony within our community,” Lucas said.

The Police Regional Office CALABARZON had earlier conducted an extensive communication and outreach campaign to inform the public, commuters, and other stakeholders about the strike and its potential impacts. The public is advised to stay at home unless it is essential to travel.

To alleviate the inconvenience caused by the strike, PNP and LGU buses and trucks will be utilized for the “Libreng Sakay Program,” offering free transportation services to affected commuters.

Travelers should anticipate delays due to PNP checkpoints, coordinated with the Land Transportation Office (LTO), LTFRB, and Highway Patrol Group, and an increased police presence on roads, at terminals, and in key gathering areas to maintain order and security.

“To our deployed police officers, let us exercise maximum tolerance. Our job is to maintain order during these three days,” Lucas added.


Discover more from Cavite News

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

cavite.news
cavite.newshttps://cavite.news
We, the people of Cavite, recognize that in order to achieve our goals and aspirations, we need to be empowered and well-informed of the news and events that affect us and our cities and towns. We need to have access to accurate, relevant, and timely information that will enable us to make informed decisions and take appropriate actions.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest news

Megaworld to Invest ₱10B in New Lifestyle Malls, Including in Cavite

Megaworld to Invest ₱10B in New Lifestyle Malls, Including in Cavite Megaworld Corp. plans to invest approximately ₱10 billion through...

Imus Police Arrest Robbery Suspect, Recover Stolen Electronics, Unlicensed Gun

IMUS, Cavite — Police arrested a robbery suspect and recovered stolen electronics and an unlicensed firearm in Imus City,...

Kawit police nab province’s most wanted drug suspect

KAWIT, Cavite — Police arrested a provincial most-wanted suspect on drug charges Monday afternoon, authorities said. Warrant officers from the...

Large Valentine’s Day Billboards Spark Political Speculation in Cavite

A series of oversized Valentine's Day billboards bearing the message "I Love You, Happy Valentine's Day" have drawn attention...
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

City of Imus Opens Free Public Park in Barangay Maharlika

City of Imus Opens Free Public Park in Barangay Maharlika IMUS, Cavite — The City of Imus has opened a...

Paliparan-GMA Bypass Road Set to Open in Cavite

DASMARIÑAS, Cavite — The Paliparan-GMA Bypass Road is set to open soon, marking a significant step forward in improving...

Must read

Noveleta Eatery Offers Community Space, Bulalo With a Story

NOVELETA, Cavite — A small restaurant in this historic...

Cavite Street Vendor Perseveres With Humble Fruit Cart

TANZA, Cavite — Bernardino Verdejo, 40, rises before dawn...
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you