LGU and GovernanceDILG, BFP Launch Hotline to Prevent Fire Incidents

DILG, BFP Launch Hotline to Prevent Fire Incidents

-

- Public Service Reminder -spot_img

The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) and the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) have launched a hotline number for Metro Manila residents who want to have their electrical lines inspected by BFP personnel.

The initiative aims to prevent fire incidents in the National Capital Region (NCR), which have increased by 26 percent this year compared to the same period last year, according to BFP Director Louie S. Puracan.

Puracan said that more than 3,200 fires have been recorded nationwide this year, resulting in 74 casualties. Of these, 600 fire incidents occurred in NCR from January to February alone.

DILG Secretary Benhur Abalos announced the hotline number during the Ugnayan with DILG and Media held on Tuesday. He urged NCR residents to avail of the voluntary inspection service offered by the BFP, which is one of the attached agencies of the DILG.

Abalos said that most fire cases start from overheated appliances, especially electric fans, which can spark and ignite flammable materials. He advised the public to be careful with their electric fans and to have their electrical connections and old electrical appliances checked or thrown out.

He also cited electrical ignition due to arcing and overloading, and lighted cigarette butts as among the common causes of fires.

Puracan said that the BFP is currently training its personnel to respond to the requests for inspection of electrical wirings and systems in homes. He also reminded the public to observe fire safety measures, especially since March is the peak of the hot season, which is worsened by the ongoing El Niño phenomenon.


Discover more from Cavite News

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

cavite.news
cavite.newshttps://cavite.news
We, the people of Cavite, recognize that in order to achieve our goals and aspirations, we need to be empowered and well-informed of the news and events that affect us and our cities and towns. We need to have access to accurate, relevant, and timely information that will enable us to make informed decisions and take appropriate actions.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest news

Megaworld to Invest ₱10B in New Lifestyle Malls, Including in Cavite

Megaworld to Invest ₱10B in New Lifestyle Malls, Including in Cavite Megaworld Corp. plans to invest approximately ₱10 billion through...

Imus Police Arrest Robbery Suspect, Recover Stolen Electronics, Unlicensed Gun

IMUS, Cavite — Police arrested a robbery suspect and recovered stolen electronics and an unlicensed firearm in Imus City,...

Kawit police nab province’s most wanted drug suspect

KAWIT, Cavite — Police arrested a provincial most-wanted suspect on drug charges Monday afternoon, authorities said. Warrant officers from the...

Large Valentine’s Day Billboards Spark Political Speculation in Cavite

A series of oversized Valentine's Day billboards bearing the message "I Love You, Happy Valentine's Day" have drawn attention...
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

City of Imus Opens Free Public Park in Barangay Maharlika

City of Imus Opens Free Public Park in Barangay Maharlika IMUS, Cavite — The City of Imus has opened a...

Paliparan-GMA Bypass Road Set to Open in Cavite

DASMARIÑAS, Cavite — The Paliparan-GMA Bypass Road is set to open soon, marking a significant step forward in improving...

Must read

Noveleta Eatery Offers Community Space, Bulalo With a Story

NOVELETA, Cavite — A small restaurant in this historic...

Cavite Street Vendor Perseveres With Humble Fruit Cart

TANZA, Cavite — Bernardino Verdejo, 40, rises before dawn...
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you